Live Racing Begins at Newly Branded JACK Thistledown Racino
The new JACK Entertainment brand was launched last month at Jack ThistleDown Racino, the first facility in Ohio to be rebranded.
“Our new brand represents our company’s progressive spirit, our pursuit of excellence and our desire to deliver our guests with unexpected, delightful experiences every day,” said Matt Cullen, chief executive officer of Jack Entertainment
That includes at the race track, where the 92nd racing season is set to open Monday, April 25 at JACK Thistledown Racino in the Cleveland suburbs.
The season will have 100 race days including 17 stakes races. With an average daily purse of $130,000, JACK Thistledown reached a new high last year and continues to be the highest average daily purse of any of the three Thoroughbred racetracks in Ohio.
On April 25, 27, 29 and 30 next week, race bettors have a chance to win a share of $1,500 through the ClubJACK “Rein in the Riches” promotion.
The track’s premier race is the Grade III Ohio Derby, and this year’s 82nd edition is run at 1 1/8 miles on June 25 with a $500,000 purse. The opening week stakes race is the Dr. T.F. Classen Memorial on April 30.
Improvements at ThistleDown include:
* A new infield tote board measuring 20-by-50 feet. This tote board is high-definition and will feature live real-time races, simulcast racing and digital results.
* A new partnership with United Tote to offer Fast Bet Mobile. This smart phone app allows guests to place bets anytime from anywhere in the expanded gaming area of the racino.
* $70 million in new amenities:
* Millcreek Grille serves steaks, seafood and more and overlooks the racetrack from a floor-to-ceiling glass wall.
* Nonna Pazza is a quick-serve pasta bar.
* Cleo’s sports bar will show all the sports and racing action.
ThistleDown was purchased in 2010 by Harrah’s Entertainment (now Caesars Entertainment) for $43 million. The track was subsequently contributed to a Caesars joint venture with Rock Gaming LLC in Summer 2012 before rebranding this year under JACK Entertainment.
Follow Jack Thistledown on Twitter: @JACKThistledown